1. Visit the NPIDB website.
2. Scroll down the page until you reach a section titled “NPI Search for Doctors” and “NPI Search for Organizations”.
3. Enter your medical status, first and last name and then click “Search”, or enter the organization name and status and then click “Search”.
4. Write down the NPI number of your doctor or organization.
Lookup NPI number
5. Visit the NPI number search website.
6. Write the first and last name of your doctor and your state.
7. Click “Find NPI” to find an NPI number.
8. Visit the HMEdata website.
9. Enter the full name of your doctor in the “Individual Provider” field or enter the full organization name in the “Provider Organization” field.
10 Click the “State” drop-down list to select the state where your individual or organization provider is located, and click “Search NPI Database” to find an NPI number.