According to most people, HTML is the most commonly used language today. But, What are the main uses of HTML? What are some excellent features of HTML? We will give the answers to all your queries one by one.
HTML is applied in almost every field of website development. Have you ever thought about how amazing-looking sites for diverse companies are created? There are many languages behind these. One of them is HTML.
Once you read this blog, we are sure you will also fall in love with HTML too. There are several reasons why every student should learn HTML. One of the main reasons is that it’s easy to understand syntax. To give you in-depth detail about uses of HTML, we will start with some of its features.
List of features of HTML
- It is a fundamental and straightforward language. It is simple to learn and modify.
- HTML offers many formatting tags, making it simple to create a compelling presentation.
- It also allows programmers to provide a link to web pages (through the HTML anchor tag), increasing users’ interest in surfing.
- Because it may be displayed on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and other platforms, it is a platform language.
- Because it is a markup language, it allows you to construct web pages and content in various ways.
- It also enables programmers to add Videos, Graphics, and Sound to the web pages. It makes it more engaging and interactive.
- Moreover, HTML is case-insensitive, which means one can utilize tags in lower-case or upper-case.
What are the advantages offered by HTML?
- It highly uses by developers today.
- HTML is simple to learn and use.
- HTML supports by almost every browser.
- It is also fast to load and lightweight.
- Simple to use.
- There is no need to purchase any additional software because it’s by default in every window.
- Even a non-programmer can learn it easily.
- Extremely helpful for novices in the web designing field.
- It also utilizes for data storage as XML syntax.
List of uses of HTML in real world
Building Web Pages
HTML has been the authorized standard for presenting online pages since 1999. Basic web pages can be created using only HTML. The WWWC (World Wide Web Consortium), on the other hand, suggests that HTML and CSS be used together.
Another reason, and uses of HTML, is for styling. The HTML style elements use to style the web page. One can easily customize the color, font family, and text size. Websites would be boring if they didn’t have styles.
Web development is incomplete without responsive design. The ‘srcset’ element uses in HTML images. This element specifies the images that the browser and their sizes will parse. These media queries will make the photos you’ve chosen responsive.
Storage in the Browser
HTML features such as IndexDB and localStorage have changed the method of storing user data. These characteristics can be more helpful when gathering and accumulating data depending on user consent. HTML5 brought in these new characteristics, and many browsers support them.
Offline Web Apps
It is one of the exciting uses of HTML. Nowadays, it is feasible to access web apps while offline. HTML lets the user work with their data. HTML utilizes a cache manifest file to decide which data to keep while offline. One can also render PDF from HTML to operate while offline.
Unlike most languages, HTML is user-friendly even for students. HTML has semantic features that define the type of content they have. For example, main, header, summary, footer, and time are HTML standard tags that are self-descriptive.
Let’s wrap it up!
This is all about uses of HTML. Hope it is worth learning about this. Want to get more such topics, let us know through emails or comments.